Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Has Anyone Sold Their Supercharged Integra?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bobbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Don't get me wrong - I love my JRSC'd GS-R. It's definitely got a lot of what I always wanted in a performance car, but...


    I hate the way retarded timing feels. I hate the fact that I have to run 91 octane (Cali) to be a daily driver. I don't like the occasional, but innevitable minor detonation (I'm paranoid about engine longevity) - and yes, my engine is tuned properly. I hate the fact that my S/C idler pulley sqeaks when it's cold and wet outside. I'm tired of the little and never ending tweaks I have to do.

    Lately I feel that a lot of the maintenance and tweaking is beginning to take away from the joy that I felt when I first installed the supercharger. I'm tired of putting time and money into my car - I just want to drive.

    Has anyone sold their supercharged Integra? How difficult was the sale process? Did you get the money you expected? How much over Blue Book did you get, if any? My main dilemma right now is that for every reason to keep my car, I can think of a reason not to. Any advice on selling and how to set a fair price would be helpful.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha! Hate to be a downer, but your best bet is to put the car back to stock, sell it for blue book, and get what you can for the parts. Otherwise you'll still be getting only a little more than bluebook for it.

    If there was a better way, I'd probably sell mine too. For the same reasons that you mentioned.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bobbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, much of what you say is true. When you put performance parts on a car, you shouldn't expect to get much, if any of it back when you sell the car - Unless you happen to find the right buyer. The Bay Area is certainly one of the best places to start. I have friend who sold his 2000 GS-R about 8 months ago for $24,000 with basic bolt-ons, type r cams, rims, and lowering.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 27, 2002 10:41 PM: Message edited by: bobbrown ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your friend got a GREAT sale on that 2000 GSR. As for your squeak problem, get the new plastic pulleys and replace your worn out ones. On a GSR, it shouldn't take you more than 40 mins to replace both upper and lower ones. I had three sets but gave it all away already [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I used to have a 95 GSR w/ jsrc...totalled the car and the insurance paid $10K for it...a lot more than I asked for for a 1995 model with 150K miles. I didn't bother taking off the charger because I was ready to move on [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bobbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the most recent version of the JR kit so I've always had the urethane pulleys. I fiddled with the belt tension and managed to fix the squeak - for now. I know a few members who have sold their JRSC'd Integras on eBay. Does anyone recall who? Any names and emails would help. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The big problem is that people don't want to buy a pre-modded car usually. I probably won't do it again after my Supra's purchase as I had to replace so many parts that I feel I'm almost at a break even in the next $5,000. Anyhow, I had to part my GSR and I only know ONE person who sold their car with blower, SilverSupraTT (Steve).

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bobbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I realize most people don't want to buy a car that's already modded. I realize I'll take a hit selling it modded. That's not news to me. I'm jsut trying to get a consensus of other people's experiences.

    How did Steve's sale work out? Did he come out over Blue Book? Was he satisfied with the sale price?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Steve made out like a bandit and got good cash for the car and the blower. I don't recall the values he got after all but keep in mind that Steve is a natural salesman and he does that for a living too.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SSBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 1999
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I sold my JRSC car two years ago. It was a piece of cake. I sold mine for $1000 over RETAIL KELLY BLUE BOOK. You will need to spend some money on advertising. Ebay, Autotrader, Photobuys, Websites, etc.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bobbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks SSBP. I was planning on going that route (autotrader, yahoo, etc...). I have no problem spending even a couple hundred bucks on advertising if it means a good return. BTW, does anyone know what commission eBay takes for used cars? I can't seem to find that info anymore on the eBay site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •